Lenovo ServeRAID M5120 - Retoure
The ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA Controller is a part of the IBM® ServeRAID M Series family, which offers a complete server storage solution consisting of RAID controllers, cache/flash modules, energy packs, and software feature upgrades in an ultra-flexible offerings structure. These products are optimized to deliver performance demanded by the ever-growing I/O requirements of today's enterprises. The M5120 comes as a small form factor PCIe adapter, and it shares a common set of ServeRAID M Series upgrades available for the entire family, simplifying inventory management.
The ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA controllers have the following standard features:
- Auto-resume on array rebuild or array reconstruction after the loss of
Auto-resume uses non-volatile RAM (NVRAM) to save the rebuild progress during a host reboot or power failure to automatically resume from the last checkpoint. Auto-resume ensures that data integrity is maintained throughout the process. The card supports a number of features that are able to be implemented without rebooting the server. Applications, such as email and web server, benefit from avoiding downtime during the transition.
- Online Capacity Expansion
Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) allows the capacity of a virtual disk to be expanded by adding new physical disks or making use of unused space on existing disks, without requiring a reboot.
- Online RAID Level Migration
Online RAID Level Migration, which is also known as logical drive migration, provides the ability to migrate a virtual disk from any RAID level to any other RAID level without requiring a reboot. System availability and application functionality remain unaffected.
- Fast initialization for quick array setup
Fast initialization quickly writes zeros to the first and last sectors of the virtual drive. This feature allows you to immediately start writing data to the virtual drive while the initialization is running in the background.
- Consistency check for background data integrity
Consistency check verifies that all stripes in a virtual disk with a redundant RAID level are consistent. The consistency check will mirror data when an inconsistent stripe is detected for a RAID 1 and recreate the parity from the peer disks in the case of a RAID 5 or RAID 6. Consistency checks can be scheduled to take place periodically.
- Extensive online configuration options and advanced monitoring and
Management tools provide convenience for the configuration of logical volumes and alerting when errors have occurred or are about to occur.
- Patrol read for media scanning and repairing
Patrol read is a background sentry service designed to pro-actively discover and correct media defects (bad sectors) that arise normally as a disk drive ages. The service issues a series of verify commands, and if a bad block is discovered, the card's firmware uses RAID algorithms to recreate the missing data and remap the sector to a good sector. The task is interruptible based on controller activity and host operations. The firmware also provides an interface where the patrol read task can be initiated, set up for continuous operation, and terminated from a management application. Patrol read can be activated by a manual command or automatically.
- Global and dedicated hot spare with revertible hot spare
A hot spare rebuilds data from all virtual disks within the disk group in which it is configured. ServeRAID provides the ability to define a physical disk as a hot spare to replace a failed drive. Hot spares can be configured as either global or dedicated. A global hot spare allows any physical drive to be designated as a hot spare. A dedicated hot spare allows the user to assign a hot spare drive to a particular array of the same drive type.
- Single controller multipathing (failover) I/O load balancing
The ServeRAID's firmware detects and uses multiple paths from the controllers to the SAS drives that are in enclosures. With redundant paths to the same port of a device, if one path fails, another path can be used to communicate between the controller and the drive. Using multiple paths with load balancing, instead of a single path, can increase reliability through redundancy.
- WebBIOS configuration utility for pre-boot array configuration and
WebBIOS is a utility that is built into the ServeRAID controller that allows you to configure drive groups and logical drives before installing or booting the operating system.
- MegaRAID Storage Manager management software
MegaRAID Storage Manager is an easy-to-use advanced RAID management application that is used across the entire family of ServeRAID M controllers. It allows you to configure, monitor, and maintain drive groups, virtual drives, and advanced features with an intuitive GUI, reducing administrative efforts and simplifying troubleshooting.
The following features are optional and require the respective upgrade to be purchased:
- Support for RAID levels 6 and 60 with M5100 Series RAID 6 Upgrade (81Y4546)
- MegaRAID SafeStore support for self-encrypting drive (SED)
MegaRAID SafeStore encryption services offer instant secure erase and local key management for self-encrypting drives. This technology represents a significant step forward in securing data on a disk drive from any unauthorized access or modification resulting from theft, loss, or repurposing of drives. Instant secure erase permanently removes data when repurposing or decommissioning SEDs. SafeStore local key management provides the necessary management and protection of SEDs using a simple pass phrase, security key identifier, and security key file that can be set and applied to all SEDs assigned to a ServeRAID adapter. This feature removes the complexity of managing each SED’s unique encryption key, and it essentially relieves the administrator of most of the daily tasks of securing data. The SafeStore is part of any RAID 5 upgrade that is available: 81Y4544, 81Y4484, 81Y4487, or 81Y4559.
- MegaRAID CacheVault flash cache protection
MegaRAID CacheVault flash cache protection uses NAND flash memory powered by a supercapacitor to protect data stored in the controller cache. This module eliminates the need for a lithium-ion battery commonly used to protect DRAM cache memory on PCI RAID controllers. To avoid the possibility of data loss or corruption during a power or server failure, CacheVault technology transfers the contents of the DRAM cache to NAND flash (CacheVault flash module (CVFM)) using power from the CacheVault power module (CVPM). After the power is restored to the RAID controller, CacheVault technology transfers the contents of the NAND flash back to the DRAM, which will eventually be flushed to disk.
- MegaRAID FastPath SSD performance acceleration
MegaRAID FastPath software provides high-performance I/O acceleration for SSD-based virtual drives by exploiting an extremely low latency I/O path to increase the maximum I/O per second (IOPS) capability of the controller. This feature boosts the performance of applications with a highly random data storage access pattern, such as transactional databases. The feature is activated by enabling M5100 Series Performance Accelerator (90Y4273).
- MegaRAID CacheCade Pro 2.0 SSD caching for traditional hard
MegaRAID CacheCade Pro 2.0 read/write software is designed to accelerate the performance of hard disk drive (HDD) arrays with only an incremental investment in solid-state drive (SSD) technology. The software enables SSDs to be configured as a dedicated pool of controller cache to help maximize the I/O performance for transaction-intensive applications, such as databases and web serving. CacheCade software tracks data storage access patterns and identifies the most frequently accessed data. The hot data is then automatically stored on the solid-state storage devices that are assigned as a dedicated cache pool on a ServeRAID controller with the M5100 Series SSD Caching feature (90Y4318) enabled.
The ServeRAID M5120 SAS/SATA controllers have the following specifications:
- PCI Low Profile, Half-length - MD2 form factor
- Eight external 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
- Two external Mini-SAS connectors (SFF-8088)
- 6 Gbps throughput per port
- 800 MHz dual-core IBM PowerPC® processor with LSI SAS2208 6 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller
- PCI Express 3.0 x8 host interface
- Support for RAID levels 0, 1, 10 standard, support for RAID 5, 50 and 6, 60 with additional upgrades
- Onboard data cache (DDR3 running at 1333 MHz) required for M5120 operations (does not come standard, must be purchased in addition to M5120) with the choice of:
- 512 MB with optional battery backup
- 512 MB or 1 GB with flash backup (MegaRAID CacheVault technology)
- Supports SAS, SATA HDDs, and SSDs
- Intermix of SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs is supported, but the mixing of different drives type in the same array (drive group) is not recommended
- Connects to up to 240 external drives
- Supports connections to EXP2512 and EXP2524 external expansion enclosures
- Optional support for self-encrypting drives (SEDs) with MegaRAID SafeStore
- Optional support for SSD performance acceleration with MegaRAID FastPath and SSD caching with MegaRAID CacheCade Pro 2.0
- Supports up to 64 virtual drives, up to 128 drive groups, up to 16 virtual drives per one drive group, and up to 32 physical drives per one drive group
- Supports LUN sizes up to 64 TB
- Configurable stripe size up to 1 MB
- Compliant with Disk Data Format (DDF) configuration on disk (COD)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- MegaRAID Storage Manager management software
|extern||8x SAS 6Gb/s, 8x SATA 6Gb/s|
|Andere||2 Multilane Anschlüsse, total: 8 Ports (extern)|
|RAID-Levels||RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-10|
|Cache Grösse||512 MB|
|Anderes||optional Batterie- oder Flashgestützt|
|Microsoft||Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008|
|Linux||SuSE 10.0/11.0, Red Hat Enterprise 5.0/6.0|
|Formfaktor Bracket||Low Profile Bracket, ATX Bracket|